Roberto "Roby" S. Greco
Roberto dot Greco at gmx dot net
See you soon!
I was born in Rome, where
I lived 16 years until I moved to Venice, where I got my university-entry diploma [Italian:
"Maturità Classica"] at the
the Italian Navy with the rank of Lieutenant I started my career in IT in
My career developed from programming through information and later business analysis up to project management in two software houses in Rome (Sipe Optimation SpA and AgriService SpA), leading small to medium size projects (<30 FTE, <2000 MD), for customers like BNL (nowadays belonging to BNP Paribas group), INA (Insurance (public) Company), and several Ministries (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labour, and Ministry of Culture).
In 1995 I
On 11.02.2011 (read it as 11th of February 2011, a palindrome-date as you can see) at 11:02AM CET I married Marina Schenker.
During my studies and after achieving my Master (in German "Dipl.-Inform.") in Computer Science I worked as Project Manager in several SW development and deployment projects for Banks and Assurance Companies in Germany (among others for the Sparkasse Köln-Bonn on behalf of GeVaSys GmbH, and for the Volksbanken und Raiffeisenbanken in North-Rhein/Westfalia, on behalf of GAD eG), and in the Process Development and Quality Assurance section of the Nokia Telecommunication in Helsinki (Finland).
2008 I joined Atos
Worldline (AWL) in
In February 2009 I started working as Program Manager and PCI (Payment Card Industry) Deputy in the Operational Program Management Group of a SW Development Program (multi-national, developing also offshore) for a French Bank and in January 2010 I joined, still as Program Manager, in the same Department, the Software Architecture & Program Management team. I was also coordinator of the PCI Committee in my Department, dealing with PCI DSS and PCI PA-DSS issues and certifications.
My last assignment by AWL was as Program Manager of Central Scheme Processing (joining the two programs Central Switching and Central Clearing & Settlement), a software development and system integration program for five French banks.
In October 2011 I joined as Program Manager / Senior Project Manager a consultancy company belonging to an international concern, with sites all over the world.
BPO, CMMi, Quality Assurance, Process Improvement, Project and Program Management, as well as Resources Management, Outsourcing (also Offshore), SOA, UML, RUP are some of the terms I'm most confident of and part of my daily work.
Main fields of work are Banking & Financial Services. Main fields of interest are Artificial Intelligence and Linguistics.
I am a member among others of
· the Project Management Institute,
· the Associazione Nazionale Scuola Navale Militare "Francesco Morosini" (Assomorosini),
· the Unione Nazionale Ufficiali in Congedo d'Italia (UNUCI).
I am a former member among others of
You can also visit my web-pages on:
· LinkedIn: http://de.linkedin.com/in/robertosantegreco
· XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/RobertoS_Greco
· FaceBook: http://it-it.facebook.com/people/Roberto-Sante-Greco/1208292591
Something ... about me ...
In July 2011 I passed the PMI examination, getting the credential of PMP (Project Manager Professional).
In June 2008 I have been PRINCE2 Practitioner certified (by ILX Group in UK).
In March 2009 I got my Business English Certificate (BEC) - Vantage - Level B2.
Currently I also study Psychology at the FernUni Hagen as part-time student.
... my work ...
My main functions within the Program and my Department are among others:
· Support of multi-national SW development projects through all phases as a member of the program management team (PMT).
· Take part in coordination of the program's projects.
· Be the counterpart up to 4 dedicated projects, dealing directly with the project managers.
· Cooperate with more technical oriented colleagues within PMT, within the program's community and within the Department.
· Take responsibility for PCI DSS and PCI PA-DSS compliance related questions within the program and in the whole Department.
· Contribute to continuous improvement of process organization.
... and myself! ;)
· Capability to join my Italian spirit with my German way to work.
· Ability to manage multi-national projects and to support and lead project managers.
· Good communication skill with capability to deal with intercultural issues.
· Quick comprehension, ability to orient myself also in complex organizational systems.
· Team player.
· Creativity in solving issues and capacity for teamwork.
· Mobility, flexibility to travel up to 5 days per week (or more, if needed).
o Mother tongue: Italian.
o Good German
(University Study in
o some Spanish (B2 Vantage) and French.
o I learned also (at a basic level): Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Portuguese, Modern Greek, Finnish.